There’s always one person in the family who is a veritable handyman when it comes to repairing and fixing things. Their talents are most valued when the house is in need of some plumbing repairs. A clogged drainage, installing new shower head, leaking faucet or a little crack in the pipe could easily be dealt with at home. However, when the plumbing emergency gets a little serious, things get too difficult even for our house expert. That’s when you know that it’s time that to make a call to our professional plumbers.
Here’s how you can decide who is best in what situation:
Many times all that is causing a river of water in our house is a little loose screw, clogging in the kitchen sink, or just a little crack in the pipe. Professional plumbers charge their rate on hourly basis along with labor costs. Plumbing at home is cost effective and should definitely be considered an option, especially when dealing with minor issues.
There are some plumbing emergencies or issues that are just not meant to be done at home. They are way above the skill set of a normal person and doing it at home is just going to make things worse rather than better. Getting professional assistance is going to minimize the risk of errors and will also help you deal with most of the problems permanently rather than temporarily, that is usually done at home.
Here’s a list of some plumbing problems and how they should be solved:
- Installing a new faucet/ shower head or a sink pipe
- Replacing washer’s hose
- Repairing toilet hardware
- Renovating the whole house or remodeling the kitchen or a bathroom
- Installing complex water works such as sprinklers in the lawn
- Sometimes, the shower or a faucet in our homes is only providing dwindling supply of water; this is usually because of some internal plumbing repairs and could only be repaired by a professional plumber.
- When the water leakage is a mystery then only an experienced and professional plumber can point it out.